Friday, June 17, 2016

Love Your Neighbor


By nature I am a non confrontational person, but studying the life of Jesus has taught me that love without confrontation in not love. The Gospels are loaded with Jesus's confrontations with the people he loved.  

 Jesus said, "Love your neighbor as yourself." What does that mean? In a nutshell it means let's want for others what we desire for ourselves. I want to be happy, healthy and spiritually sound. I want to walk in the way of Jesus and experience His love, grace and mercy in an incredible way. In order to do so I must let the truth of God's Word define who I am and let the Holy Spirit that God has placed in me develop me into the image of Jesus. This means I must let God's Word expose my sin and point me towards a better more healthy spiritual me.  So,  if I really love someone and want for them what I want for myself I must expose them to the Word of God even when I know it will lead to a confrontation and a painful conversation. Without confrontation spiritual growth does not take place. Therefore, I must confront the people I love with the uncomfortable truth of God's Word. Every word I say and everything I do is to be seasoned with love for others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment