Saturday, July 30, 2016

There I Go Sinning Again

I get so tired of failing when it comes to following Jesus.  I mean I want to do the right thing then before you know it I do the wrong thing again. This used to overwhelm me with a feeling of failure, but know that I have grown much in my faith I know that God uses both my successes and my failures to develop me. So when I fail I hate it, yet I press on toward the goal of my salvation which is perfection in Christ. 
It is good to know that God loves me just the way that I am but He loves me too much to let us stay that way. God calls us to a relationship with Him so that He can work out our sinfulness and make us like His perfect Son Jesus. We strive for perfection and we will fail every now and then, but there is coming a day when we will say and do the right thing in every situation. Until then we are free to fail as we work out our salvation learning who we are, who He is and how we get life right.
We live like we are taking a college course and we are overwhelmed with the syllabus until the teacher says you have an A but you still have to do the work. The pressure is gone, so we focus on learning no making grades.  Or we are playing for the national championship in football but the pressure is off because the Lord sends and angel to let us how know we win by 3.  The pressure is off so we have the game of our lives. 

By knowing that one day I will be perfect like Jesus I chose to seek to be like him daily. Since God has predestined me to be conformed into the image of Jesus and I know that God has changed my heart and made me into someone who desires to be transformed. I rest understanding that he Has given me the ability to change through the struggles and failures of my life. I am comforted realizing that when God look at me and my failed behavior He see Jesus not sinful me. Therefore I am compelled even more to peruse holiness so that I will be perfect as He is perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment