Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bearing Fruit in Different Ways

Here at Ridglea we encourage every believer to bear Spirit-filled Fruit. For ever believer their fruit is different. Just this week I saw one man's fruit inspire another man to bear a different kind of fruit. Sit back and enjoy how one man's passion for Christ inspired another man's heart to write:


The Man on His Knees

Down at the church where I attend,
You’ll see him there time and again.
The man on his knees in the flower bed,
Though most days, you’ll only see his head.
Often as his head’s bowed down,
He’s busy digging in the ground.
On days when he doesn’t seem to move,
He’s just basking in the Savior’s love.

Asked why his flowers grow so grand,
He gets “goose bumps: and says “I don’t understand.”
“I just plant seeds; And then they die.”
“God brings forth life, I don’t know why.”
“But let me tell you what God did for me.”
“He sent His Son to Calvary.”
“Then like the seeds I died to sin.”
“Then Jesus gave me life again.”

Inside our church, You’ll find him too.
Center row; Second pew.
Each girl or boy, lady or man,
At Ridglea Heights he’ll shake your hand.
Thank you LORD he’s served so well.
He’s steered so many folks from Hell.
His service here: How long it’s been!

We love and thank you Bro. Ken





One day Christ will return to take his children home, until then remember that Jesus' last parable was a command to go and do the good works He prepared for you before the foundation of the world. When you complete these good works you are bearing Spirit-filled fruit. Fruit comes in all shapes and sizes; no two peaces are the same. But, the purpose is the same and that is to glorify the Lord. Go and bear much fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment